Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting to the breasts is a minimally invasive procedure which consists of two procedures performed together to enhance the size and shape of the breasts using the patient’s own fatty tissues. The surgery is designed to remove and contour areas of localized fullness or fatty deposits, and use this tissue to create more beautiful contours and fullness to the breasts. The surgery uses only tiny incisions less than 1/8th inch in size to harvest fatty tissues and transplant the fat cells to the breasts. Adipose stem cells are also transferred during the procedure to increase the viability of the fat cells. The procedures can be performed comfortably under local anesthesia with mild sedation or under general anesthesia in our Accredited Outpatient Surgical Facility.Dr. Calloway has extensive experience with fat grafting and fat transfers for over 25 years. He has adapted new technologies to allow predictable long lasting and beautiful results. He has not only used the techniques of fat transfers to refine breast implant and breast reconstruction results, but also to completely replace breast implants. Studies have corroborated the evidence that it is a procedure with a high safety profile and one that has minimal effects on mammograms or the ability to detect breast disease. In breast reconstruction patients, the procedures have no detrimental effects on breast cancer detection or recurrence.
Fat transplants or fat transfers to the breasts have advantages over traditional implant surgery:
- – No artificial or synthetic device is required for breast enhancement
- – The tissues are completely natural and are derived from the patient’s own body
- – The breasts can be sculpted and shaped to achieve natural results
- – There are no visible scars resulting from the surgery due to tiny hidden incisions
- – Minor to moderate imperfections of the breasts can be corrected under local anesthesia
- – Liposculpting for harvesting of the fat cells can be used to enhance the patient’s shape and body contours with enhancement of self-image and self-confidence
- – The surgery can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation as desired
- – The surgery has been shown to be safe and effective when performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon such as Dr Daniel Calloway.
- – Long term satisfaction with this procedure is excellent
*Results May Vary