Laser skin resurfacing is a minimally invasive procedure using pure light energy to improve the color, texture, thickness and quality of the skin. Also known as Laser Peel, Laserbrasion or Laser resurfacing, the treatment can smooth facial wrinkles and texture irregularities, tighten facial skin, and eliminate flaws of the skin such as sundamage, freckling, sun spots, broken blood vessels, liver spots, melasma, enlarged pores, and blemishes. Newer laser technologies allow Dr. Calloway a new level of control in laser surfacing, permitting extreme precision, especially in delicate areas. Using concentrated pulsating beams of light energy, Dr. Calloway can delicately remove unwanted, damaged skin in a very precise manner, one layer at a time. The laser beam used in laser resurfacing will remove your outer layer of skin, called the epidermis. It simultaneously heats the underlying skin, called the dermis. This action works to stimulate growth of new collagen fibers. As the treated area heals, the new skin that forms is smoother and firmer. The procedure uses a combination of resurfacing lasers which are applied in a customized and individualized manner to obtain the maximum benefits with the least amount of recovery. The procedure can be performed comfortably under local anesthesia with mild sedation or under general anesthesia in our Accredited Outpatient Surgical Facility.
Laser Skin Resurfacing has advantages over more traditional Dermabrasion or Chemical Peeling:
- – Uses pure light energy to bring about natural results
- – More precise and accurate treatment to safely obtain the most dramatic improvements
- – More precision to reduce fine lines and wrinkles in delicate areas such as around the eyes, forehead or mouth
- – Laser resurfacing can better target scars from acne or chickenpox
- – Less potential for damaging effects of chemicals on the skin
- – Enhancement of poor skin quality after a facelift
- – Laser resurfacing can selectively target aged or sun-damaged skin, liver spots, enlarged pores, broken blood vessels, texture irregularities and blemishes
- – Improves the color and tone of facial skin, such as yellowish or grayish skin tones
- – Warts, birthmarks, and blemishes are more safely removed with targeted laser beams
- – Less potential for scarring and pigmentary changes than traditional treatments
- – The surgery can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation as desired
- – The surgery has been shown to be safe and effective when performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon such as Dr Daniel Calloway.
- – Long term satisfaction with this procedure is excellent
Laser skin resurfacing is routinely used on the skin of the face, head and neck. The procedure is also safely used on any area of the body that requires improvement in texture, color, smoothness, skin tightening or elimination of flaws of the skin such as sun spots, broken blood vessels, liver spots, sumdamage, freckling, enlarged pores, and blemishes. The cost of the procedure varies depending on the number of areas treated. The surgery is performed under local anesthesia with mild sedation or under general anesthesia in our Accredited Outpatient Surgical Facility. The usual recovery is approximately 1 week before makeup can be applied and 1-2 weeks before exercise regimens can be resumed. There are no stitches that need to be removed. Thorough individualized instructions are reviewed with the patient and caregiver prior to surgery, and frequent postoperative visits with Dr. Calloway and his staff ensure a smooth and straightforward recovery.