A Brow lift or Forehead lift is a minimally invasive surgery performed using a miniature video camera known as an endoscope. This device allows Dr. Calloway to perform the surgery using less than 1/8th inch incisions, hidden behind the hairline of the forehead. Also known as an Endobrowlift or endoscopically assisted brow lift, the procedure is designed to restore the natural contour and youthful position of the eyebrows. Working through the endoscope, Dr. Calloway can then weaken and smooth the wrinkles between the eyebrows and across the forehead, and elevate the eyebrows to present a more rested and alert appearance. Additionally, excess skin of the upper eyelids is improved with the restoration of a normal eyebrow contour and position. Internal, slowly dissolving, sutures are placed to ensure long-lasting, natural results.
Dr. Calloway has been recognized as one of the pioneers who helped develop and refine endoscopic browlifting procedures. He has been performing these procedures for over 20 years, and he has helped train hundreds of physicians and surgeons from around the world. While a Plastic Surgeon at Mayo Clinic, Dr. Calloway helped introduce minimally invasive technologies to the international community and has been a featured speaker and educator at many international Medical Conferences. As every patient presents with specific and unique aspects of facial aging, Dr. Calloway recognizes that every procedure needs to be tailored and customized to the individual. Consequently, endoscopic browlifting represents many surgical techniques that are blended and adapted to each specific patient to achieve the desired natural rejuvenation forehead and eyelids.
Advantages of the minimally invasive endoscopic brow lift compared to traditional browlifting surgery:
- – Endoscopic brow lift uses tiny incisions and avoids the traditional scar placed across the scalp from ear to ear which is necessary with traditional forehead lifting surgery
- – Minimally invasive techniques allow for more rapid recovery and less potential complications
- – Minimally invasive techniques allow more rapid return to normal activities.
- – Less discomfort is associated with minimally invasive techniques.
- – The minimally invasive brow lift procedure does not require general anesthesia.
- – Compared to traditional brow lift surgery, minimally invasive surgery avoids common side effects of browlifting surgery such as numbness and hair loss (alopecia).
- – The surgery can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation as desired
- – The surgery has been shown to be safe and effective when performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon such as Dr Daniel Calloway.
- – Long term satisfaction with this procedure is excellent
The cost of the surgery will vary depending on the procedures utilized. The surgery is performed under local anesthesia with mild sedation or under general anesthesia in our Accredited Outpatient Surgical Facility. The usual recovery is approximately one week before the hidden scalp sutures are removed. Exercise regimens are usually resumed in 1-2 weeks. The results are immediately visible and often relatively permanent in longevity.*
*Results may vary.